Archives

My Other Blogs

Links


Back to University!!! Year 2, 3 and 4.
Thursday, June 23, 2005
Ups And Downs!!!!!
I often think to myself, and I always seem to realize how complicated life is. Sometimes your mood is up, and other times it’s down. Then I begin to wonder is it more down than up, or more up than down. If it’s more down, does that make me depressed? I certainly don’t feel depressed. I feel really happy at times. But then what put me in the mood to feel down? Moods fluctuate so much in life; no wonder we feel confused half the time.

So here is what makes me happy:

1. Lots of sleep
2. Food in my belly
3. Money to pay my bills
4. Great Friends
5. Newfoundland
6. Living on my own
7. Having a supportive family
8. Independence
9. Volunteering
10. Seeing a smile on other people’s face
11. Winning the lottery (would be nice)
12. Chatting on MSN
13. Meeting new people
14. Going out to bars (from time to time)
15. Cheese
16. Dancing a jig.... lol
17. Experiencing new life experiences..... :)
18. Being in University
19. Who I am as a person
20. Having the strength to carry on
....and the list continues!!!!!

And here is what makes me sad:

1. Rude people
2. People who never give others a chance
3. Feeling lonely
4. Missing Newfoundland, and my friends there
5. My Great Grandma and Great Grandpa (love you both)
6. Seeing people with so much potential, and they waste it away
7. Colin in my Social Work class (such a smart boy who’s trapped in a dysfunctional body)
8. Being single for so long
9. Sophia
10. People with cancer
11. Sad movies
12. Seeing others cry
13. Seeing people bully others
14. People fighting
15. Starving kids in third world countries
...and it continues

While writing this blog I realized that most things I feel are quite similar to what many others may feel. Life isn’t such a bad thing after all. I’ve got a lot going for myself (while I’ll talk about some other time), and I feel really happy at the moment. So number 21: I’M HAPPY TO BE ME!!! :)

~Lots of Love~

Lori
|